Dras – The Coldest Place in India Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh’. Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
- Siachen Glacier is the coldest place in India. It is located in the northern Karakoram range at an altitude of 5,753 meters because of that its temperature may dip down as low as minus 50 degrees centigrade in January. Even in the summer, the temperature remains around minus 10 degree Centigrade.
- 1 Which is the coldest place in India right now?
- 2 Which is the coldest city in India?
- 3 Where is the lowest temperature in India today?
- 4 Which is the hottest and coldest place in India?
- 5 Which Indian city has best weather?
- 6 Which is the coolest city in India?
- 7 Which city has lowest temperature?
- 8 Is India cold or hot?
- 9 Which is the coldest city today?
- 10 Which is the coldest hill station in India?
- 11 Where’s the hottest place on earth today?
- 12 What is the hottest temperature on earth right now?
- 13 Which is hottest state in India?
- 14 Which is the hottest city in India?
- 15 Which is the hottest state?
Which is the coldest place in India right now?
Top 10 coldest places in India right now Kalpa: The village of Kalpa, located in the Sutlej river valley in Himachal Pradesh, recorded a minimum temperature of -0.6 degrees Celsius. Banihal: Located 35 km away from Qazigund in Jammu and Kashmir, Banihal is a rural area which reported a minimum temperature of -0.4 degrees Celsius.
Which is the coldest city in India?
1. Dras – The Coldest Place in India. Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh ‘. Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
Where is the lowest temperature in India today?
Parts of the Dal Lake as also frozen due to the sub-zero temperature. Kashmir continues to freeze under extreme cold wave conditions. Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of minus 8.4 degrees Celsius on Thursday. This is the lowest minimum temperature recorded in decades.
Which is the hottest and coldest place in India?
Hottest, Coldest, Highest And More: India’s Most Extreme Places Drass – Drass is the coldest place in India that can be visited by tourists. Phalodi- Rajasthan is known for its hot climate, and Phalodi marked by the Thar desert is the hottest place in India, with temperature shooting up as high as 51 degree celsius.
Which Indian city has best weather?
8 Cities with Best Weather in India for a Pleasant Holiday Belgaum: The Sleepless City. Nashik: The Wine Capital of India. Hyderabad: The City of Pearls. Pune: Oxford of the East. Nainital: The Lake City. Bengaluru: The Green Lungs of India. Thekkady: Kerala’s Most Prized Possession. Mysore: The Sandalwood City.
Which is the coolest city in India?
1) Dras. Dras is the world’s second coldest inhabited place located at Kargil town in Ladakh. It is located at an altitude of 3280 meters above the sea level and is counted among the coldest places in India.
Which city has lowest temperature?
Winter temperatures in Oymyakon, Russia, average minus 50 C ( minus 58 F). The remote village is generally considered the coldest inhabited area on Earth. Oymyakon is a two-day drive from Yakutsk, the regional capital which has the lowest winter temperatures of any city in the world.
Is India cold or hot?
Most of Northeast India and much of North India are subject to a humid subtropical climate and a subtropical highland climate. Though they experience warm to hot summers, temperatures during the coldest months generally fall as low as 0 °C (32 °F).
Which is the coldest city today?
The capital city of the vast (1.2 million square miles) Siberian region known as the Sakha Republic, Yakutsk is widely identified as the world’s coldest city. “No other place on Earth experiences this temperature extreme,” Iuncker says.
Which is the coldest hill station in India?
11. Kodaikanal. Kodaikanal is known for being the coldest hill station in South India.
Where’s the hottest place on earth today?
The air temperature of the aptly named Furnace Creek in Death Valley reaches a staggering average daily high of 46C – making Death Valley the hottest place on Earth..
What is the hottest temperature on earth right now?
The current official highest registered air temperature on Earth is 56.7 °C ( 134.1 °F ), recorded on 10 July 1913 at Furnace Creek Ranch, in Death Valley in the United States.
Which is hottest state in India?
Rajasthan’s Churu, about 20km north of state capital of Jaipur, recorded the country’s highest temperature of 50 degrees Celsius on Tuesday. Churu, known as the gateway to the Thar desert, was matched by Jacobabad in Pakistan as the hottest place on Earth on Tuesday.
Which is the hottest city in India?
Here is a list of the top ten hottest cities in the country according to Skymet Weather Services: Jaisalmer, Rajasthan – 43.1°C. Barmer, Rajasthan – 42.9°C. Bikaner, Rajasthan – 42.8°C. Ganganagar, Rajasthan – 41.9°C. Jodhpur, Rajasthan – 41.0°C. Phalodi, Rajasthan – 40.4°C. Churu, Rajasthan – 39.3°C.
Which is the hottest state?
Florida ranks overall as the warmest state year round. The other state in the top four is Hawaii. The group of tropical islands ranks second to Florida as the country’s hottest state.