What are the most common languages spoken in India?
- Hindi is the most spoken language in India, and also one of the country’s official languages. Around 550 million people in India speak Hindi. After Hindi, English is the most widely spoken language in the country, with around 125 million speakers.
- 1 Which language is mostly spoken in India?
- 2 What are the 22 languages in India?
- 3 How many languages are spoken in India?
- 4 What is the first language of India?
- 5 How old is India?
- 6 Which is toughest language in India?
- 7 How many states are there in India in 2020?
- 8 Which is India’s national bird?
- 9 Which is the oldest language in world?
- 10 What is the mother of all languages?
- 11 Is Hindi difficult to learn?
- 12 How many districts are in India?
- 13 Which is the richest language in India?
- 14 Is Sanskrit the oldest language on earth?
- 15 Where is Sanskrit spoken today?
Which language is mostly spoken in India?
Hindi, with over 528 million native speakers was the most spoken language across Indian homes, followed by Bengali with 97 million speakers, as of 2011 census data.
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
How many languages are spoken in India?
The Eighth Schedule of the Constitution consists of the following 22 languages –Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Santhali, Maithili and Dogri.
What is the first language of India?
Sanskrit is the oldest literary language of India and the basis of many modern Indian languages, including Hindi. Sanskrit died out as a living language by about 100 B.C. However, Sanskrit continued, like Latin in the West, as a language of courtly poetry and drama.
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
Which is toughest language in India?
In India, Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) is the toughest language to learn compared to any other language in India. There are few rare sounds in Malayalam language that often does not exist in other languages. Malayalam is very tough because the sounds are very unique.
How many states are there in India in 2020?
There are 28 states and 8 Union territories in the country. Union Territories are administered by the President through an Administrator appointed by him/her. From the largest to the smallest, each State/ UT of India has a unique demography, history and culture, dress, festivals, language etc.
Which is India’s national bird?
The Indian peacock, Pavo cristatus, the National Bird of India, is a colourful, swan-sized bird, with a fan-shaped crest of feathers, a white patch under the eye and a long, slender neck.
Which is the oldest language in world?
The Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago.
What is the mother of all languages?
Sanskrit is the Holy and Divine language of India, written in Devanagari script which is also known for its clarity and beauty. Sanskrit belongs to the Indo-European languages family.
Is Hindi difficult to learn?
First off, the script used to write Hindi, Devanagari, is considered particularly hard to get a hang of. Though it is one of the toughest languages in the world for English speakers, Hindi shares words with Arabic, so those who already speak Arabic will have a leg up in terms of vocabulary!
How many districts are in India?
There are 718 Districts in India administered by their respective State/ UT Government. Districts is an endeavour of NIC to provide a one-stop source for all the information about Districts at one place on the web.
Which is the richest language in India?
Shikha Goyal Hindi – 52.83 crore speakers. Hindi is the most spoken language in India. Bengali – 9.72 crore speakers. Marathi – 8.30 crore speakers. Telugu – 8.11 crore speakers. Tamil – 6.90 crore speakers. Gujarati – 5.54 crore speakers. Urdu – 5.07 crore speakers. Kannada – 4.37 crore speakers.
Is Sanskrit the oldest language on earth?
Sanskrit (5000 years old ) – World’s Oldest Language Source Unlike Tamil, which is still a widely spoken language, Sanskrit is the oldest language in the world but fell out of common usage around 600 B.C. It is now a liturgical language – the holy languages found in the scriptures of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
Where is Sanskrit spoken today?
But Sanskrit is now spoken by less than 1% of Indians and is mostly used by Hindu priests during religious ceremonies. It’s one of the official languages in only one Indian state, Uttarakhand in the north, which is dotted with historical Hindu temple towns.