To call India from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 91, the country code for India.
- Then dial the area code (2–4 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
9 dec. 2011
How to call India toll free number from the US?
- Dial 011 on your device. This is the exit code for all international calls from the US.
- Dial 91 which is the country code for India.
- Dial the three-digit code that precedes the toll-free number (i.e. 800,888,877). This is the area code for phone numbers in India.
- Dial the rest of the Indian toll-free number you are trying to reach.
How to call an India toll free number from the USA
- First, dial the US exit code 011
- Then, dial the Indian country code 91
- Next, dial the 3-digit toll-free number. Usually it is 800
- Finally, dial the rest of the telephone number to be connected
- 1 How do I call India from the United States?
- 2 How do I dial a +91 number?
- 3 How do I call an Indian cell phone from the US?
- 4 How do I call a landline in India?
- 5 How can I call from India to USA for free?
- 6 How can I call to India for free?
- 7 Which country has +92 code?
- 8 What is the STD code?
- 9 Which country code is 44?
- 10 How do I call USA from India using Google Voice?
- 11 How can I write my Indian mobile number in USA format?
- 12 What is the code for USA?
- 13 Can I call landline using cellphone?
- 14 Can I get a landline number for my mobile?
- 15 What is the difference between phone number and mobile number?
How do I call India from the United States?
Here is how to call India from the US First, dial the exit US code 011. Then, dial the India country code 91. Then, dial the area code (2-4 digits) if you’re dialing a fixed line. If you’re dialing a mobile phone, you can skip this step. Dial their local phone number. Press the call button.
How do I dial a +91 number?
This page details India phone code. The India country code 91 will allow you to call India from another country. India telephone code 91 is dialed after the IDD. India international dialing 91 is followed by an area code.
How do I call an Indian cell phone from the US?
Looking for the easiest way to call India from the United States? First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Next dial 91, the country code for India. Then dial the area code (2–4 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
How do I call a landline in India?
Mobile to landline NLD dialing: To call a landline phone in different city from a mobile phone, you need to dial the NLD code of ‘0’ followed by the complete 10-digit landline phone number. So, for instance, 0 11 1234 5678.
How can I call from India to USA for free?
How To Dial a US Toll Free Number from India? Dial the exit code 00, next dial the US country code 1, and then the Area Code, followed by the local number xxx-xxx. Dial 00-1-866-xxx-xxxx.
How can I call to India for free?
PopTox offers free calls to India from a standard web browser. To call India, all you have to do is enter the destination phone number using the key pad on this page and click on ” Call ” button. Free Calls to India Entirely web browser based. No app downloads are needed. No need to make payment or sign up.
Which country has +92 code?
According to experts, + 92 is the country code of Pakistan, and miscreants use this code and call up unsuspecting cellphone users to siphon off money or lure them into a scam.
What is the STD code?
Subscriber trunk dialling ( STD ) codes are assigned to each city, town, or village. These codes can be between 2 and 8 digits long, with the largest metropolitan areas and cities having the shortest (two-digit) codes: 11 – New Delhi, Delhi. 22 – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Which country code is 44?
For instance, France’s country code is 33, and the United Kingdom’s country code is 44. The United States’ country code is an exception, with just the code 1.
How do I call USA from India using Google Voice?
You can call other countries using Google Voice. If your international call isn’t being routed by Google: Check that Google Voice is open on your computer or mobile device. Restart Google Voice. Check your Google Voice call settings. Check that you have enough calling credit.
How can I write my Indian mobile number in USA format?
Mobile numbers which are not local need to be prefixed by a 0 while dialing, or by +91 (91 is the country code for India ). A mobile number written as +91-AAAAA BBBBB is valid throughout India, and in other countries where the + is recognized as a prefix to the country code.
What is the code for USA?
Can I call landline using cellphone?
How to Call Landline Using Your Smart or Globe Cellphone. Cellphone calls to a landline number must always use the area code, with no exceptions. So even if you are calling someone within the same place or area code, you must still include the area code.
Can I get a landline number for my mobile?
Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to get a landline number for your mobile? With a Planet Numbers ‘ virtual landline number, you can. You can choose a landline phone number for any UK town or city, and have the calls routed to your mobile phone.
What is the difference between phone number and mobile number?
This is the difference. Telephone number means your landline number but contact number means either your mobile number or your telephone number.