Lotus Temple – Wikipedia
- The temple is located in the village of Bahapur in New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi. The architect was an Iranian, Fariborz Sahba who now lives in La Jolla, California, after living some years in Canada. He was approached in 1976 to design the Lotus Temple and later oversaw its construction.
The Temple was inaugurated on 5 April, 1998 by the then former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the presence of former Chief Minister of Delhi Sahib Singh Verma and Sushma Swaraj. It is located at Hare Krishna Hills (near Nehru Place), in the East of Kailash area of New Delhi, India.Affiliation:
Hare Krishna Hills, East of Kailash
- 1 Which is the biggest temple in Delhi?
- 2 How many Mandir are there in Delhi?
- 3 How many Hindu temples are there in Delhi?
- 4 Which is the oldest temple in Delhi?
- 5 Which is largest temple in India?
- 6 How many mosques are there in Delhi?
- 7 Is Akshardham temple Delhi closed on Monday?
- 8 Who built most of the Jaina temple in Delhi?
- 9 How many temples are there in India?
- 10 How many Hindu temples are in Pakistan?
- 11 Which state is famous for temple in India?
- 12 Which is the first Hindu temple in the world?
- 13 Who is Yogmaya?
Which is the biggest temple in Delhi?
“BAPS Swaminarayan Akshardham in New Delhi , India, is the world’s largest comprehensive Hindu temple . It measures 356 ft (109 m). long, 316 ft (96 m).
How many Mandir are there in Delhi?
594 temples in new delhi . Matri Mandir devoted to Maa Kali, Lakshmi Narayan and Lord Shiva, is a temple with immense spiritual peace and tranquillity.
How many Hindu temples are there in Delhi?
590 temples in Delhi , famous Delhi temples , list of all temples in Delhi .
Which is the oldest temple in Delhi?
|Location in Delhi|
|Geographic coordinates||28°31′30″N 77°10′57″ECoordinates: 28°31′30″N 77°10′57″E|
Which is largest temple in India?
The Srirangam Temple is often listed as the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world. The temple, located in Tamil Nadu, occupies an area of 156 acres (631,000 m²) with a perimeter of 4,116m (10,710 feet), making it the largest temple in India and one of the largest religious complexes in the world.
How many mosques are there in Delhi?
All 14 mosques and the dargah are located in an area of less than 10 sq km. All of them are in mixed neighbourhoods. The oldest of them was built in the mid 1970s.
Is Akshardham temple Delhi closed on Monday?
Akshardham Delhi Temple Timings Temple timings : From 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Note: Temple remains Closed on Monday .
Who built most of the Jaina temple in Delhi?
Raja Harsukh Rai , imperial treasurer in the late Mughal period, constructed this large and ornate Jain temple in the Dharampura locality of Old Delhi in 1807 during the rule of Mughal Emperor Akbar II with a cost of about 8 Lakh rupees, then an enormous amount.
How many temples are there in India?
How many temples are there in India ? A. There are around two million temples in India , and each year the number gets increased substantially.
How many Hindu temples are in Pakistan?
According to a survey, there were 428 Hindu temples in Pakistan at the time of Partition and 408 of them were now turned into toy stores, restaurants, government offices and schools. Among these 11 temples are in Sindh, four in Punjab, three in Balochistan and two in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Which state is famous for temple in India?
List of Famous Temples in India
|Famous Temples in India|
|Temples in India||State|
|Rajagopalaswamy Temple||Tamil Nadu|
|Nataraja Temple||Tamil Nadu|
|Kashi Vishwanath Temple||Uttar Pradesh|
Which is the first Hindu temple in the world?
1. Mundeshwari Devi Temple , Bihar. Mundeshwari Devi Temple , Kaimur, Bihar is considered the oldest surviving temple which has irrefutable proofs of being build around 105 AD only.
Who is Yogmaya?
According to Hindu Mythology, Yogmaya means divine illusion and she is worshipped by many as the mother of all beings. Apart from Yogmaya , the temple also has other deities such as Lord Ram, Shiva, Ganesha and other popular Hindu gods and goddesses .