- Must visit places in Agra include the Taj Mahal, Itmad-Ud-Daulah tomb, Mankameshwar Temple, Ram Bagh, Akbar’s tomb and Agra Fort. Of course, you can sprinkle in some shopping between visits, too. One day in Agra can be enough to enjoy the city, and you can travel by India’s Palace on Wheels, the most famous luxury train in the world.
The famous places to roam around in Agra include Sadar Bazaar, Subhash Bazaar, Kinari Bazaar, TDI Mall, Shah Market etc.
- Gorge on Traditional Food: Agra is famous for its exotic Mughlai cuisine.
- Shopping at Kinari Bazaar: One can shop for all kinds of traditional items in the colorful bazaars of Taj Mahal.
- Witness Kalakriti Dance Drama Show: Featuring about 80 artisans, this famous dance performance should not be missed in Agra.
- Wander through the streets: Explore the bustling streets of Agra which are flocked with tourists during the evening in Agra.
- 1 What is there to do in Agra besides Taj Mahal?
- 2 What Agra is famous for?
- 3 How can I spend my day in Agra?
- 4 Is one day enough for Agra?
- 5 Is camera allowed in Taj Mahal?
- 6 Is Agra safe at night?
- 7 What is the famous food of Agra?
- 8 What should I buy in Agra?
- 9 What is there to do in Agra at night?
- 10 What is the best time to see Taj Mahal?
- 11 Can you buy Taj Mahal tickets online?
- 12 How long does it take to see the Taj Mahal?
- 13 Which day Agra Taj Mahal is closed?
- 14 Which is better Agra or Jaipur?
- 15 On which day Agra Fort is closed?
What is there to do in Agra besides Taj Mahal?
Things to Do in Agra: Soak in the Beauty of the Taj Mahal. Watch the Light and Sound Show at Agra Fort. Enjoy the Beauty of Mehtab Bagh. Take a Trip to Fatehpur Sikri. Go on a Shopping Spree. Discover the Beauty of Jahangir Mahal. Enjoy Some Tranquil Moments at Jama Masjid. Watch a Kalakriti Dance Drama Show.
What Agra is famous for?
Agra is a major tourist destination because of its many Mughal-era buildings, most notably the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
How can I spend my day in Agra?
AWESOME TOURIST PLACES TO VISIT IN AGRA IN ONE DAY #1 Visit the Taj Mahal for sunrise. #2 Have a luxury breakfast at the most expensive hotel in India: The Oberoi. #3 Visit the Agra Fort / Red Fort. #4 Visit the Baby Taj Mahal / Tomb of Itimad Ud Daulah. #5 Take a tuk-tuk to Akbar’s Tomb in Sikandra.
Is one day enough for Agra?
One day, two nights is enough for Agra (Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Itmad-Ud-Daulah). You can take a hotel in Bharatpur to visit Fatehpur Sikri. You can take a hotel in Mathura to visit Mathura / Vrindavan.
Is camera allowed in Taj Mahal?
Photography is prohibited inside the main mausoleum. Visitors are requested not to make noise inside the mausoleum. Above mentioned list of prohibited items along with mobile phones are banned for night viewing of the Taj Mahal.
Is Agra safe at night?
Although quite rare, it’s still better to remain cautious, particularly if you are new to the city. Avoid walking alone at night (especially women), or if walking is unavoidable, then try to stay in well-lit public areas.
What is the famous food of Agra?
The most famous food of Agra, Petha is a delicacy whose amazing taste will stay with your forever. Made from white pumpkin, this century old sweet can be very soft and syrupy or hard and chewy but it is always sweet with a delicate floral taste.
What should I buy in Agra?
Read here about the Top Things to Buy From Agra. Leather Products. Leather products in Agra are very special and famous because they are almost made of fine and genuine leather. Marble Replicas. Rugs and Carpets. Jewelry. Embroidery Textiles. Silk Saris Or Textiles. Handicrafts. Sweets.
What is there to do in Agra at night?
Things To Do In Agra At Night Watch Light And Sound Show At Agra Fort:- Go and explore the Markets of Agra:- Taste the famous street food of Agra:- Go on a walking tour of Agra to explore more about Agra and the local people:- Taste the Agra’s famous Mughlai cuisine in some famous restro:- Enjoy at clubs and bars in Agra:-
What is the best time to see Taj Mahal?
There is no definite best time to visit Taj Mahal but the major tourist season is from the months of October to March. Whatever be the time of the year the Taj is always a beauty. The white-marbled mausoleum of the Mughal Era is a visual beauty especially at sunrise, sunset and under the full moon night.
Can you buy Taj Mahal tickets online?
TICKETS ONLY THROUGH ONLINE www.asiagracircle.in The city of Agra is mostly visited for the beautiful Taj Mahal, but there are many more grand monuments worth seeing when you travel to this historic city.
How long does it take to see the Taj Mahal?
The biggest question while planning a trip to an interesting place to visit, is how long it will take to visit the place. If you were wondering how much time to budget for visiting taj mahal, you are on the right page. Normally, you should budget 2 to 3 Hours as time taken to visit taj mahal.
Which day Agra Taj Mahal is closed?
Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays for general viewing. Other days it is always open.
Which is better Agra or Jaipur?
Jaipur offers greater variety of tourist attractions and the standard of tourist facilities is better than Agra. The Taj is the most recognisable monument of India and Agra is worth visiting purely to see this magnificent building but Jaipur is the better destination.
On which day Agra Fort is closed?
Agra Fort Address Agra Fort is located on the banks of River Yamuna and is just 2.5 km from the global tourist magnet – Taj Mahal. The Agra Fort address is Agra Fort, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003. There are no Agra Fort closed days as the fort remains open to the public throughout the week.