What are the most common languages spoken in India?
- Hindi is the most spoken language in India, and also one of the country’s official languages. Around 550 million people in India speak Hindi. After Hindi, English is the most widely spoken language in the country, with around 125 million speakers.
The most widely spoken languages of this group are Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Rajasthani, Sindhi, Assamese (Asamiya), Maithili and Odia. Aside from the Indo-Aryan languages, other Indo-European languages are also spoken in India, the most prominent of which is English, as a lingua franca. Dravidian language familyForeign:
– 200 million ( speakers 2003)Official:
, (total: 23, including 22 languages and additional official language, English)Signed:
- 1 What are the 22 languages in India?
- 2 What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
- 3 How many languages do they speak in India?
- 4 What is the most common Indian language?
- 5 Which language is oldest in India?
- 6 What is the oldest language in world?
- 7 Which is toughest language in India?
- 8 How old is India?
- 9 What are the top 5 hardest languages?
- 10 How many states are there in India in 2020?
- 11 What is the main religion in India?
- 12 How difficult is Sanskrit?
- 13 What is the most beautiful language in India?
- 14 Which is the best language in the world?
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
More than one million speakers
|Rank||Language||2011 Census of India (total: 1,210,854,977)|
How many languages do they speak in India?
The Indian constitution recognizes 22 official languages: Bengali, Hindi, Maithili, Nepalese, Sanskrit, Tamil, Urdu, Assamese, Dogri, Kannada, Gujarati, Bodo, Manipur (also known as Meitei), Oriya, Marathi, Santali, Telugu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Malayalam, Konkani and Kashmiri.
What is the most common Indian language?
Which language is oldest in India?
And while it may not be known to a lot of people on our planet, today Tamil is spoken by around 78 million people which makes it the longest surviving language in the world. Sanskrit: Next in line is Sanskrit, the ancient language of India which can be traced back to 2000BC in its earliest written form..
What is the oldest language in world?
The Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago.
Which is toughest language in India?
In India, Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) is the toughest language to learn compared to any other language in India. It is definitely not as hard as Mandarin or Arabic to learn. There are few rare sounds in Malayalam language that often does not exist in other languages.
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
What are the top 5 hardest languages?
The Hardest Languages In The World To Learn Mandarin. Right at the top is the most spoken language in the world: Mandarin. Arabic. Number two, Arabic, challenges English speakers because most letters are written in 4 different forms depending on where they’re placed in a word. Japanese. Hungarian. Korean. Finnish. Basque. Navajo.
How many states are there in India in 2020?
There are 28 states and 8 Union territories in the country. Union Territories are administered by the President through an Administrator appointed by him/her. From the largest to the smallest, each State/ UT of India has a unique demography, history and culture, dress, festivals, language etc.
What is the main religion in India?
According to the 2011 census, 79.8% of the population of India practices Hinduism, 14.2% adheres to Islam, 2.3% adheres to Christianity, 1.72% adheres to Sikhism, 0.7% adheres to Buddhism and 0.37% adheres to Jainism.
How difficult is Sanskrit?
In our opinion and experience learning Sanskrit does not have to be difficult,on the contrary – it can be easy and fun. Of course some people may find it difficult to learn any other language other than their mother tongue. It all depends on various factors like individual learning ability, age etc.
What is the most beautiful language in India?
Hence the language developed very richly and the biggest linguistic unit in India. Once the famous Indian king Sri Krishna Devaraya boasted in his court that ‘Desa Bhashalandu Telugu Lessa’, which means Telugu is the beautiful and supreme language of the country. Since the past years, the language called as ‘Tenugu’.
Which is the best language in the world?
It comes as no surprise that English reigns supreme, with over 1.1 billion total speakers—or roughly 15% of the global population. Mandarin Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, and French round out the top five.