- 1 How many lakes are there in India?
- 2 Which are the main lakes of India?
- 3 Who is the biggest lake in India?
- 4 Which is the purest lake in India?
- 5 Who is the 3 citizen of India?
- 6 What are the 3 types of lakes?
- 7 Which is the beautiful lake in India?
- 8 Which city has most lakes in India?
- 9 Which city is known as the City of Lake?
- 10 Which is the deepest lake in India?
- 11 Which is the oldest lake in India?
- 12 Where is India’s largest fresh water lake?
- 13 Which is the purest river in India?
- 14 Which is the sweetest lake of India?
- 15 Which is the purest river in the world?
How many lakes are there in India?
Lakes in India
Which are the main lakes of India?
Top 10 largest Lakes in India
|List of largest Lakes(Decreasing order of area covered)||State|
|Pulicat Lake||Andhra Pradesh|
|Sardar Sarovar Lake||Gujarat, Rajasthan|
|Nagarjuna Sagar Lake||Telangana|
Who is the biggest lake in India?
Wular Lake , located in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is often referred to as the largest freshwater lake in India. Wular is a natural lake that is a major part of the Jhelum River basin.
Which is the purest lake in India?
This is the Cleanest Lake of India , which is situated in Meghalaya. This place is so peaceful and clean that you feel like living there only.
Who is the 3 citizen of India?
The President is the first citizen as per the Order of Precedence of the Republic of India , making Ram Nath Kovind the topmost national. The Vice President and the Prime Minister are the second and the third citizens of the country respectively.
What are the 3 types of lakes?
Types Tectonic lakes . Volcanic lakes . Glacial lakes . Fluvial lakes . Solution lakes . Landslide lakes . Aeolian lakes . Shoreline lakes .
Which is the beautiful lake in India?
Bhimtal Lake , Uttarakhand Bhimtal Lake is one of the largest Natural Lakes in India, located in the town of Bhimtal in the state of Uttarakhand. This lake is known to be the largest in terms of surface area in the Kumaon region and is a gorgeous sight for tourists.
Which city has most lakes in India?
Thane is the home of 35 lakes that linger everywhere around the city .
Which city is known as the City of Lake?
Picturesque and elegant, Udaipur is known by many names, including “the City of Lakes ”. Undoubtedly one of India’s most romantic cities, it nestles between the glassy waters of its famous lakes and the ancient Aravelli Hills.
Which is the deepest lake in India?
The name Manasbal is said to be a derivative of the Lake Manasarovar . Lake is encircled by three villages viz., Jarokbal, Kondabal (also called Kiln place, is situated on the north-eastern side of the lake) and Ganderbal and is stated to be the deepest lake (at 13 m or 43 ft depth) in India.]
Which is the oldest lake in India?
Upper lake – Madhya Pradesh Upper lake locally known as Bada Talab is the oldest man-made lake in India and one of the major sources of drinkable water for the city. City of lakes, Bhopal has 17 lakes another lake is known as chota talab.
Where is India’s largest fresh water lake?
Wular Lake is the largest freshwater lake in India and lies in the Kashmir Valley, 40 km northwest of Srinagar City in the Northwest of India . With a size of 189 sq. km, Wular Lake is also one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia.
Which is the purest river in India?
* Umngot River , Meghalaya Umngot river at dawki village of Meghalaya is considered to be the India’s cleanest river. River Umngot in Jaintia Hills district is located 96 km from Shillong and the annual boat race is a major attraction.
Which is the sweetest lake of India?
|Primary inflows||Jhelum River|
|Primary outflows||Jhelum River|
|Max. length||16 km (9.9 mi)|
Which is the purest river in the world?
There are even a couple of surprises: who knew the River Thames is now regarded as the cleanest river in the world to flow through a major city? Read on to see which other waterways make the cut as world’s purest.